5 Easy To Maintain Indoor Plants
When you embellish interior spaces with houseplants, you're not just adding greenery. These living greens interact with your body, mind and home in ways that can truly enhance your quality of life. Indoor plants are popular because they are easy to take care of, provide health benefits and can be used in a variety of indoor decor themes. You don’t need a huge terrace or balcony, all you need is a little space right inside your home for these beautiful and beneficial greens.
In terms of the first house plants you bring into your home, it’s definitely for the best to ‘walk before you run’ and pick varieties that are easy to care for .
Here are our top 5 recommendations -
(Just watch out for non-pet-friendly varieties if you’ve got furry friends running around.)
1. Snake Plant - Also known as Mother in law’s tongue, this plant is admired for its upright, sword like foliage with variegated shades of green .The plant is well suited to indoor conditioning as it thrives well even in low light and it's also a great chemical and carbon dioxide absorber - it takes in chemicals from personal care products and releases oxygen as well.
2. Areca Palm -This non-toxic, toxin-filtering plant is perfect for Indian homes.The arching fronds of Areca palm with a multitude of narrow, green leaflets can brighten up any corner of your house .These plants need indirect sunlight, and with regular watering and repotting whenever needed Areca palms can grow upto 7ft in height indoors, and much more in the outdoors. Its key feature of absorbing formaldehyde, toulene and xylene from the surrounding helps in filtering the VOCs from the air resulting in pollution free air to breathe .
3. Peace Lily -These plants require little to no sunlight and are easy to cultivate. Adapted to low levels of watering, the hooded flowers are quite striking and beautiful .One of the many benefits it provides to human health is it purifies the air.It also aids in good sleep as it absorbs airborne cold spores that are common allergens .The beauty of these plants is known to bring calmness by alleviating feelings of stress in the mind and body .
4. Monstera Deliciosa - Primarily referred to as simply Monstera, this plant thrives in a warm, humid environment which makes it the ideal indoor plant for homes in India.They need very little water, only when the soil is dry, and they can easily fill up dull, quiet corners with indirect sunlight. Benefits of the Monstera Deliciosa include improving the quality of the air you breathe, inducing feelings of calm, trapping dust and helping you feel alert.
5. Dracaena Reflexa -Also known as the “Song of India”, the Dracaena Reflexa plant needs indirect sunlight and regular misting to keep its leaves vibrant. It can reduce indoor air pollutants like formaldehyde, benzene, trichloroethylene, and carbon dioxide.
As well as being peaceful to live in, buying and caring for houseplants can become an extremely fulfilling and rewarding hobby too.
So bring the outside in and if you are looking for a cosy and stylish home for your little green friends checkout our Midori Planters.